17 Mar Home Made Roast Carrots with Oregano Flor de Sal
Pre-heat oven to approximately 180°C fan, 200°C non fan, gas mark 6. These temperatures are approximate – adjust cooking time if using a higher or lower temperature.
250 – 350g per person, large carrots, peeled
Olive or Rapeseed oil
SaltPans Flor de Sal with Oregano
Honey – optional
1. Glug some oil into a roasting pan.
2. Cut the carrots into small/ medium chunks.
3. Put them into the roasting pan and mix with oil until all the potatoes are well coated.
4. Sprinkle over a generous amount of SaltPans Flor de Sal with Oregano, mix thoroughly, and then spread out carrots.
5. Cook for 30-50 minutes until golden brown (time depends on your oven, and size of the carrot chunks), during this time, every 5 – 10 minutes move carrots around with a spatula (or give the pan a bit of a shake) to prevent them sticking to base of pan.
6. Roasted carrots cooked in just oil and finished with any of our plain/ flavoured SaltPans Flor de Sals are delicious, but for extra shine and sweetness drizzle a little honey over the carrots about 5 minutes before they are ready to be removed from the oven, and give the pan a bit of a shake around to fully coat them.
7. Any leftover carrots can be: eaten cold as a salad dish, re-heated, added to a can of soup or other dishes etc, but it is unlikely that there will be any left uneaten!